Losing your sight is devastating! It's hell on earth for an Artist!

It was last year I noticed my vision began to deteriorate whilst painting. Each day my eyesight would get blurry and I just thought I needed to rest.

In late August of 2023 I woke up with eyes blistering and pain to the right eye, my partner suggested I go to the doctor. The drive to the health clinic was a bit scary, my vision began to worsen in particular my right eye. I was not seeing clear lines and everything was converging to the left.

I was sent to the emergency eye clinic in Stoke-on-Trent uhnm.nhs UHNM where I was treated for conjunctivitis, it was not conjunctivitis! After a week or so and medication that just didn't work I was admitted for more investigations.

Central Retinal Artery Occlusion (CRAO) was the diagnosis. It's the sudden blockage of the central Retinal Artery, resulting in Retinal hypoperfusion, rapidly progressive cellular damage and vision loss.

It has been a struggle and I've had to adapt. Painting has been slow and tedious but I will get there with pure stubborn and dogged determination and to not let this beat me. I will post examples and share links to view my Art. Please keep up to date with social media to follow my journey. Click Here for all links.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your First Artisan Makers Market

Losing My Sight!