I am an Artist! I always have been!

I've been creating one way or another for such a long time. Coming to terms and finally after so many years admitting to myself that "I am an Artist". This was one of the hardest hurdles I had to face.

Original Oil Painting Cobbled Alley

"Cobbled Alley Original" was the first real oil painting I produced whilst in lockdown. I was working at Michelin Tyres plc in the warehouse as a forklift truck driver/picker/loader. My intention was to take on a part time job until I became established as an Artist.

I certainly didn't plan that right! Almost 17 years later and facing a pandemic in which we were reminded almost daily "We are living in unprecedented times" (I hated that phrase). During the first lockdown I started painting because there was nothing else to do. I was on the vulnerable list because of my diabetes and I couldn't actually work from home, but I had to stay at home.

This was the time I spent painting and set about creating "The Potteries Nostalgic Originals" collection. "Cobbled Alley" was the first of six in the series and sold within a couple of weeks. Needless to say I never went back to warehousing or any other part time or full time employment that I didn't want to do! I'll post the rest of the collection soon.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing your sight is devastating! It's hell on earth for an Artist!

August Showcase

MUM ❤️